Rajnath condoles loss of lives in Allahabad Railway Station stampede
New Delhi: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Sunday condoled the loss of lives in the stampede at Allahabad Railway station and urged Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to strengthen the arrangements in the city during the Maha Kumbh.
Singh also sought immediate help and relief for the injured and adequate compensation to the kin of the victims.
The BJP chief talked to the Railway Minister and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and enquired about the relief and rehabilitation efforts.
At least 20 persons were killed and scores of others injured tonight in a stampede at Allahabad railway station teeming with thousands of pilgrims returning after a holy dip at the `Maha Kumbh`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened