Rajnath condoles loss of lives in Allahabad Railway Station stampede
New Delhi: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Sunday condoled the loss of lives in the stampede at Allahabad Railway station and urged Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to strengthen the arrangements in the city during the Maha Kumbh.
Singh also sought immediate help and relief for the injured and adequate compensation to the kin of the victims.
The BJP chief talked to the Railway Minister and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and enquired about the relief and rehabilitation efforts.
At least 20 persons were killed and scores of others injured tonight in a stampede at Allahabad railway station teeming with thousands of pilgrims returning after a holy dip at the `Maha Kumbh`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!
- Rs 100 crore mark still too far for Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'?
- Forest fires rage in Uttarakhand; three NDRF teams deployed