Rajnath condoles loss of lives in Allahabad Railway Station stampede
New Delhi: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Sunday condoled the loss of lives in the stampede at Allahabad Railway station and urged Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to strengthen the arrangements in the city during the Maha Kumbh.
Singh also sought immediate help and relief for the injured and adequate compensation to the kin of the victims.
The BJP chief talked to the Railway Minister and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and enquired about the relief and rehabilitation efforts.
At least 20 persons were killed and scores of others injured tonight in a stampede at Allahabad railway station teeming with thousands of pilgrims returning after a holy dip at the `Maha Kumbh`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back