Rajnath, Modi to address rallies in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Ahead of the Lok Sabha polls, BJP will hold more rallies of its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and party president Rajnath Singh in Uttar Pradesh.
"During a meeting here on Tuesday it was decided that first meeting of the two leaders would be held in Bareilly on January 13 and another one in western UP on February 1," BJP`s chief spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said here.
He said that during the meeting detailed disussions were held on the future programmes of the party by national general secretary and UP incharge Amit Shah. The meeting was chaired by the state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai.
Bajpai later said a discussion was held on the fund raising campaign and it was decided that it would be launched from March 31.
He said that all party office bearers, senior leaders and workers would jointly work to raise fund raising campaign for the corpus fund of the party.
Later, Shah along with Bajpai and co-incharges Rameshwar Chaurasiya inspected Ramabai Ambedkar ground and Smriti Upvan to select location of Modi`s rally in Lucknow that is proposed in the second week of March.
In 2013, Modi has attended rallies in UP including those at Kanpur and Varanasi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state