Rajnath, Modi to address rallies in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Ahead of the Lok Sabha polls, BJP will hold more rallies of its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and party president Rajnath Singh in Uttar Pradesh.
"During a meeting here on Tuesday it was decided that first meeting of the two leaders would be held in Bareilly on January 13 and another one in western UP on February 1," BJP`s chief spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said here.
He said that during the meeting detailed disussions were held on the future programmes of the party by national general secretary and UP incharge Amit Shah. The meeting was chaired by the state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai.
Bajpai later said a discussion was held on the fund raising campaign and it was decided that it would be launched from March 31.
He said that all party office bearers, senior leaders and workers would jointly work to raise fund raising campaign for the corpus fund of the party.
Later, Shah along with Bajpai and co-incharges Rameshwar Chaurasiya inspected Ramabai Ambedkar ground and Smriti Upvan to select location of Modi`s rally in Lucknow that is proposed in the second week of March.
In 2013, Modi has attended rallies in UP including those at Kanpur and Varanasi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary