Rajnath Singh to lead BJP agitation in Lucknow
Lucknow: BJP national President Rajnath Singh will lead in Lucknow the party`s `jail bharo` agitation called against "misrule" of the UPA government and "poor" law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh under the SP rule.
Party`s chief spokesperson Vijay Bahadur Pathak said BJP`s country-wide agitation beginning May 27 seeks to highlight UPA government`s "misrule" and its policy of "Muslim appeasement", besides poor law and order in UP under the Samajwadi Party regime.
"The national president will lead the campaign in Lucknow on June 2," Pathak said, adding, Rajnath will be joined by senior BJP leaders including state chief Laxmi Kant Bajpai.
Similarly, newly appointed in-charge for Uttar Pradesh Amit Shah, along with national Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, will lead the agitation in Rampur on May 29.
He said preparations for the agitation will be reviewed at the party head office on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof