Rajnath slams Akhilesh government
Lucknow: Flaying the Samajwadi Party-led government in Uttar Pradesh, senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh on Sunday alleged it had completely failed in checking corruption and improving law and order in the state.
People were disenchanted with the three-month rule of the Akhilesh Yadav government, he told a meeting here in support of party candidates for local body polls.
Attacking the Akhilesh government, the former BJP chief said "it has totally failed in checking graft, improving law and order and resolving problems of farmers."
He emphasised on strengthening local bodies in the state.
On 2014 Lok Sabha polls, the BJP veteran said his party would emerge as the single largest party and would form government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM