Rajnath slams Akhilesh government
Lucknow: Flaying the Samajwadi Party-led government in Uttar Pradesh, senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh on Sunday alleged it had completely failed in checking corruption and improving law and order in the state.
People were disenchanted with the three-month rule of the Akhilesh Yadav government, he told a meeting here in support of party candidates for local body polls.
Attacking the Akhilesh government, the former BJP chief said "it has totally failed in checking graft, improving law and order and resolving problems of farmers."
He emphasised on strengthening local bodies in the state.
On 2014 Lok Sabha polls, the BJP veteran said his party would emerge as the single largest party and would form government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad