Rajnath stopped in the interest of peace: Azam Khan
Rampur (UP): Defending UP government`s decision to not permit BJP chief Rajnath Singh to visit riot-hit Muzaffranagar, senior SP leader Mohammed Azam Khan on Sunday said that it was done for the "peace and tranquillity" in the area.
"Rajnath Singh`s entry was stopped on the basis of a report of the administration which could not be overlooked or neglected in the best interest of peace and tranquillity of the sensitive area," said Parliamentary Affairs Minister Khan.
"Rajnath ji has himself occupied the pivotal post (Chief Minister) in Uttar Pradesh and so he should realise what the government and administration should do on the occasions when the law and order of the state is at stake," Khan said.
Dismissing the controversy surrounding yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s detention at the London airport, Khan said, "Baba has created a suspicious image for himself after he fled the Ramlila Maidan in Delhi under the garb of a woman. So if security persons in Britain detained him on suspicion what is the point to condemn them."
He, however, called for the Centre`s attention in such cases.
"Britishers have been in the habit of insulting Indians visiting their country even for noble purposes. This situation needs government attention," he said.
Criticising the CBI for "delaying the submission of the closure report in the disproportionate assets case against Mulayam Singh Yadav", Khan said, "the agency needs to be impartial. The delay of six years in filing the closure report has damaged its image. It has proved that the agency does not take its own decisions, but waits for nod from the above."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy