Rajnath stopped in the interest of peace: Azam Khan
Rampur (UP): Defending UP government`s decision to not permit BJP chief Rajnath Singh to visit riot-hit Muzaffranagar, senior SP leader Mohammed Azam Khan on Sunday said that it was done for the "peace and tranquillity" in the area.
"Rajnath Singh`s entry was stopped on the basis of a report of the administration which could not be overlooked or neglected in the best interest of peace and tranquillity of the sensitive area," said Parliamentary Affairs Minister Khan.
"Rajnath ji has himself occupied the pivotal post (Chief Minister) in Uttar Pradesh and so he should realise what the government and administration should do on the occasions when the law and order of the state is at stake," Khan said.
Dismissing the controversy surrounding yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s detention at the London airport, Khan said, "Baba has created a suspicious image for himself after he fled the Ramlila Maidan in Delhi under the garb of a woman. So if security persons in Britain detained him on suspicion what is the point to condemn them."
He, however, called for the Centre`s attention in such cases.
"Britishers have been in the habit of insulting Indians visiting their country even for noble purposes. This situation needs government attention," he said.
Criticising the CBI for "delaying the submission of the closure report in the disproportionate assets case against Mulayam Singh Yadav", Khan said, "the agency needs to be impartial. The delay of six years in filing the closure report has damaged its image. It has proved that the agency does not take its own decisions, but waits for nod from the above."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’