Rajnath to address BJP`s `Swabhimaan` rally in UP tomorrow
Lucknow: Holding the Samajwadi Party government responsible for the alleged dismal condition of farmers in Uttar Pradesh, the state unit of BJP today said it will organise a `Swabhimaan` rally in Bareilly district tomorrow to be addressed by party president Rajnath Singh.
"The rally will be addressed by senior party leaders, including national president Rajnath Singh, general secretary Varun Gandhi and state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai," BJP`s chief spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
He alleged that around Rs 6,000 crore of the cane farmers was pending. "While the government is making tall claims about its loan waiver scheme, debt-laden farmers are forced to commit suicide," Pathak alleged.
He alleged that Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has "cheated" farmers and problems were rampant at wheat procurement centres.
The spokesman said that contrary to the government claims wheat centres have not started at many places.
"The situation is such that against the target only three per cent wheat has been purchased," Pathak said.
The state was reeling under acute power and water crisis, he said adding, the rally would expose price rise of the UPA government and failures of Akhilesh regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter