Rajnath to lead BJP`s UP `jail bharo` stir
Lucknow: BJP president Rajnath Singh will lead the party`s `jail bharo` agitation here on June 2 against corruption under the UPA rule.
BJP state unit president, Laxmi Kant Bajpai, who reviewed the preparation for the week-long agitation starting May 27, said that besides the national president, newly appointed in-charge of the state affairs, Amit Shah will also be present in Rampur during the agitation on May 29.
Claiming that there was an atmosphere against the UPA government, Bajpai said that his party would maintain the momentum both inside and outside Parliament against its "wrong policies".
Meanwhile, former UP chief minister Kalyan Singh, who has yet to formally join BJP, was on Tuesday seen in the party office.
Though sources said that Kalyan addressed the meeting to review the preparation, Bajpai when contacted said that he had come to the office to pick his son Rajvir Singh who has already been made state vice-president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!