Rajnath to lead BJP`s UP `jail bharo` stir
Lucknow: BJP president Rajnath Singh will lead the party`s `jail bharo` agitation here on June 2 against corruption under the UPA rule.
BJP state unit president, Laxmi Kant Bajpai, who reviewed the preparation for the week-long agitation starting May 27, said that besides the national president, newly appointed in-charge of the state affairs, Amit Shah will also be present in Rampur during the agitation on May 29.
Claiming that there was an atmosphere against the UPA government, Bajpai said that his party would maintain the momentum both inside and outside Parliament against its "wrong policies".
Meanwhile, former UP chief minister Kalyan Singh, who has yet to formally join BJP, was on Tuesday seen in the party office.
Though sources said that Kalyan addressed the meeting to review the preparation, Bajpai when contacted said that he had come to the office to pick his son Rajvir Singh who has already been made state vice-president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Jayalalithaa's mortal remains taken to Rajaji Hall for people to pay last respects
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what