Rajya Sabha bypoll: Kanaklata files nomination
Lucknow: Kanaklata Singh, daughter of late Samajwadi Party leader Mohan Singh, on Monday filed her nomination as an SP candidate for a Rajya Sabha seat from Uttar Pradesh.
The bypoll for the Rajya Sabha seat arose following the death of Mohan Singh, a noted socialist.
Singh, accompanied by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Azam Khan, filed her nomination at the Vidhan Sabha secretariat here.
Tomorrow is the last date for filing papers. Scrutiny will be held on Wednesday and the last date for withdrawal is December 12.
Voting, if required, will be held on December 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH