Ram Gopal defends re-induction of `tainted` ministers
Azamgarh: Amidst criticism over induction of tainted persons in the state cabinet, Samajwadi Party national General Secretary Ram Gopal on Friday denied reports of the newly inducted minsters being tainted or faced charges and ruled out dropping anyone from the ministry.
Responding to queries about re-induction of Vinod Singh alias Pandit Singh who was earlier removed on charges of abducting the Gonda Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Yadav termed his removal as a mistake.
"It was a mistake that he was removed following hue and cry in the media and now it has been rectified," Yadav said, adding that the media in just no time brands a person as tainted or accused.
"It takes several years to prove the crime of a person in a court but, just a minute for the media to brand him as one", he said.
"Why does the media become a judge...Just having cases against one does not make him a convict", he said.
On the sting operation carried out on Samajwadi Party leader K C Pandey by the then SP of Gonda Navneet Rana, Yadav said, Rana`s intentions were wrong.
"Though the sting operation was done about two months ago it came to light only when Pandey was made the vice chairman of Ganna Anusandhan Council and accorded status of a minister of state... Such things are done by political people and not by IAS or IPS officers," Yadav said, calling for action against Rana.
Yadav reiterated that there is no tainted person in the ministry, so no one will be dropped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das