Ram Gopal Yadav donates one month`s salary for Uttarakhand victims
Lucknow: SP national general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav has announced to donate his one month salary and Rs 20 lakh from his MP fund towards Prime Minister Relief Fund for those affected in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand.
Ram Gopal has written a letter to the Rajya Sabha chairman requesting him to direct the officers concerned to take necessary action in this regard.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had yesterday announced to give his one month salary for relief of flood victims in Uttarakhand.
"The CM has decided to give his one day salary for the relief of victims of rain tragedy in Uttarakhand," an official release said.
He had also appealed all the ministers, party MLAs and MPs asking them to donate generously to CM relief fund for providing help to Uttarakhand victims.
Yadav said that Uttarakhand has suffered a major loss of human lives and property due to the rain tragedy and it needed help from all quarters.
"You all (ministers, MLAs and MPs) should donate to the relief fund so that they could be provided help," Akhilesh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed