Ram Navami celebrated with fervour in Ayodhya
Ayodhya: The festival of Ram Navami, which
marks the birth of Lord Ram, was celebrated with great fervour
and religious harmony in the temple town of Ayodhya on Tuesday.
Lakhs of devotees took a dip in the Saryu river and
visited the various temples. The annual fair was also
organised on the banks of the river.
Special prayers were offered at mid-day, when Lord Ram is
supposed to have been born.
Though there was a tight security arrangement, it was the
first time in several years that the festival was celebrated
here without any threat perception.
"There was no extremist threat to this large religious
gathering of Ram Navami Mela, but we have made all possible
arrangements to ensure the security of devotees," a police
Setting an example of communal harmony, members of the
Muslim community came forward with a helping hand for the
Hindu devotees who came from different parts of the country to
celebrate the festival.
Members of the temple town`s social organisation `Ayodhya
Ki Awaz` from both Hindu and Muslim communities along with
other Muslim volunteers were active in the fair in assisting
"We arranged drinking water and first aid at various
points of the city to help devotees if they are in any
problem," said Raees Ahmad, a Muslim youth.
"These Hindu devotees who came to Ayodhya to celebrate
Ram Navami are like my personal guests so I am trying to serve
them up to the possible extent," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!