Ram Navami celebrated with fervour in Ayodhya
Ayodhya: The festival of Ram Navami, which
marks the birth of Lord Ram, was celebrated with great fervour
and religious harmony in the temple town of Ayodhya on Tuesday.
Lakhs of devotees took a dip in the Saryu river and
visited the various temples. The annual fair was also
organised on the banks of the river.
Special prayers were offered at mid-day, when Lord Ram is
supposed to have been born.
Though there was a tight security arrangement, it was the
first time in several years that the festival was celebrated
here without any threat perception.
"There was no extremist threat to this large religious
gathering of Ram Navami Mela, but we have made all possible
arrangements to ensure the security of devotees," a police
Setting an example of communal harmony, members of the
Muslim community came forward with a helping hand for the
Hindu devotees who came from different parts of the country to
celebrate the festival.
Members of the temple town`s social organisation `Ayodhya
Ki Awaz` from both Hindu and Muslim communities along with
other Muslim volunteers were active in the fair in assisting
"We arranged drinking water and first aid at various
points of the city to help devotees if they are in any
problem," said Raees Ahmad, a Muslim youth.
"These Hindu devotees who came to Ayodhya to celebrate
Ram Navami are like my personal guests so I am trying to serve
them up to the possible extent," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi