Ram Navami celebrated with fervour in Ayodhya
Ayodhya: The festival of Ram Navami, which
marks the birth of Lord Ram, was celebrated with great fervour
and religious harmony in the temple town of Ayodhya on Tuesday.
Lakhs of devotees took a dip in the Saryu river and
visited the various temples. The annual fair was also
organised on the banks of the river.
Special prayers were offered at mid-day, when Lord Ram is
supposed to have been born.
Though there was a tight security arrangement, it was the
first time in several years that the festival was celebrated
here without any threat perception.
"There was no extremist threat to this large religious
gathering of Ram Navami Mela, but we have made all possible
arrangements to ensure the security of devotees," a police
Setting an example of communal harmony, members of the
Muslim community came forward with a helping hand for the
Hindu devotees who came from different parts of the country to
celebrate the festival.
Members of the temple town`s social organisation `Ayodhya
Ki Awaz` from both Hindu and Muslim communities along with
other Muslim volunteers were active in the fair in assisting
"We arranged drinking water and first aid at various
points of the city to help devotees if they are in any
problem," said Raees Ahmad, a Muslim youth.
"These Hindu devotees who came to Ayodhya to celebrate
Ram Navami are like my personal guests so I am trying to serve
them up to the possible extent," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory