Ram temple located in ward represented by a Muslim
Ayodhya: After all the bitterness over the disputed site in Ayodhya, the area in which the makeshift Ram temple is located in this town is represented by a Muslim in the municipality for the past 15 years.
Haji Asad, the corporator of Ramkot ward in this temple town in Uttar Pradesh, says both Hindus and Muslims have been voting for him for the past 15 years and there is no
division between them.
"The dispute of the Ramjanma Bhoomi-Babri Masjid would have been solved much earlier had the political parties not played divisive politics," he told a news agency here.
"I represent the Ramkot ward, where the make-shift Ram Temple exists and I get the support of all irrespective of their communities," he said.
Interestingly, besides make Ram temple, famous Hanuman Gari is also located in his ward, which has a mixed population of Hindus and Muslims.
"People from all communities vote for me and that is the reason I am representing the ward for such a long time", Asad said.
Be it marriage or another ceremony, people of all castes and religion gather and there is no feeling of hatred among them, the corporator said.
About the High Court decision, Asad said that they welcomed it but feels that the issue would linger on due to vote bank politics.
"The government should intervene to end the dispute, which is flared by politicians. At the ground we all live with harmony," Haji Asad said,
There are many examples of Hindu-Muslim unity in this temple town where there are many mosques, which are being protected and taken care of by Hindus, whenever needed, a local said.
One Mohammad Shariq, who has cremated 1,500 unclaimed bodies - both of Hindus and Muslims -- is continuing on his mission without caste or religion bais.
Also, Ashraf Ali, who owns a flower shop near Ashari Bhawan, supplies flowers and garlands to temples and this is his main source of income.
Locals say the ground situation in Ayodhya is not visible to people outside due to statements issued by political parties on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America