Ramadoss moves SC for shifting corruption case from Lucknow to Delhi
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday sought response from the CBI on a plea of PMK leader and former Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss seeking shifting of the trial of a corruption case against him from a court in Lucknow to the national capital.
A bench comprising justices P Sathasivam and M Y Iqbal issued notice to the agency and sought its response within two weeks on the petition filed by Ramadoss for shifting the trial to Patiala House Court where he has been chargesheeted in a similar case.
The PMK leader has been chargesheeted in a special CBI court in Lucknow in a case of allegedly showing favours to a private medical college, Rohilkhand Medical College and Hospital (RMCH) in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, relating to grant of renewal for admissions in the MBBS course in 2008-2009.
The identical case in which he has been chargesheeted in special CBI court in Patiala House relates to allegedly abusing his official position in allowing Indore-based Index Medical College and Research Centre (IMCHRC) to go ahead with admissions without having sufficient faculty and clinical material.
Ramadoss sought transfer of the case from Lucknow to a CBI court in Delhi saying the genesis of the alleged conspiracy starts from New Delhi and also culminates in the national capital in both the matters.
The former health minister said most of the accused in both the cases are common and are residents of Delhi.
"Furthermore, even most of the witnesses in both the cases are also the residents of Delhi. Hence, it would be expedient and in the interest to justice, if both the cases are heard together before the special judge, CBI, Patiala House," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow