Ramdev welcomes CBI inquiry into his guru`s disappearance
Allahabad: Yoga master Ramdev Wednesday welcomed the CBI inquiry into the mysterious disappearance of his guru, but questioned the motive behind ordering of the probe when the Maha Kumbh is underway.
The move was aimed at "discrediting" religious figures in the country, Ramdev told a press conference here.
"I welcome the CBI inquiry and hope that the probe agency brings out the complete truth behind the disappearance of my guru Shankar Dev about whom I am as concerned as a son would be for his father," he said.
"However, the timing of the probe order makes me suspicious of the government`s motive. It has been long since Shankar Dev has been traceless. But the inquiry order comes at a time when we are taking part in Maha Kumbh.
"It looks like a conspiracy aimed at discrediting dharmasatta (clout of religious figures) in the country," he said.
Swami Shankar Dev had gone missing on July 14, 2007 after he went out for a morning walk.
On October 13 last year, the Uttarakhand government had recommended a CBI probe into the disappearance of the Swami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof