Ramdev welcomes CBI inquiry into his guru`s disappearance
Allahabad: Yoga master Ramdev Wednesday welcomed the CBI inquiry into the mysterious disappearance of his guru, but questioned the motive behind ordering of the probe when the Maha Kumbh is underway.
The move was aimed at "discrediting" religious figures in the country, Ramdev told a press conference here.
"I welcome the CBI inquiry and hope that the probe agency brings out the complete truth behind the disappearance of my guru Shankar Dev about whom I am as concerned as a son would be for his father," he said.
"However, the timing of the probe order makes me suspicious of the government`s motive. It has been long since Shankar Dev has been traceless. But the inquiry order comes at a time when we are taking part in Maha Kumbh.
"It looks like a conspiracy aimed at discrediting dharmasatta (clout of religious figures) in the country," he said.
Swami Shankar Dev had gone missing on July 14, 2007 after he went out for a morning walk.
On October 13 last year, the Uttarakhand government had recommended a CBI probe into the disappearance of the Swami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack