Ramdev welcomes CBI inquiry into his guru`s disappearance
Allahabad: Yoga master Ramdev Wednesday welcomed the CBI inquiry into the mysterious disappearance of his guru, but questioned the motive behind ordering of the probe when the Maha Kumbh is underway.
The move was aimed at "discrediting" religious figures in the country, Ramdev told a press conference here.
"I welcome the CBI inquiry and hope that the probe agency brings out the complete truth behind the disappearance of my guru Shankar Dev about whom I am as concerned as a son would be for his father," he said.
"However, the timing of the probe order makes me suspicious of the government`s motive. It has been long since Shankar Dev has been traceless. But the inquiry order comes at a time when we are taking part in Maha Kumbh.
"It looks like a conspiracy aimed at discrediting dharmasatta (clout of religious figures) in the country," he said.
Swami Shankar Dev had gone missing on July 14, 2007 after he went out for a morning walk.
On October 13 last year, the Uttarakhand government had recommended a CBI probe into the disappearance of the Swami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa