Rape accused BSP MLA threatens revenge
Banda: Rape accused BSP MLA Purshottam Naresh Dwivedi has threatened to take revenge from opposition parties for implicating him in a "false case."
"Un partiyon se badla liya jayega jinhone hame iss case mein phansaya hai" (Revenge will be taken with the parties, which have got me framed in the fake case), the BSP MLA told reporters before entering the Banda district jail
48-year-old Dwivedi, who represents Naraini seat in Uttar Pradesh Assembly, was on the run after orders for his arrest were issued yesterday in connection with the alleged criminal assault on the 17-year-old girl belonging to the backward community.
The MLA was later sent to 14 days of judicial remand by Chief Judicial Magistrate after he was arrested in Augasi area in Banda yesterday.
The girl was allegedly raped on December 10-11, 2010, at the legislators`s residence. She escaped from the MLA`s house on December 12 when the MLA allegedly attempted rape for the third time and was arrested same day on theft charges.
While the MLA`s two aides --Rajendra Shukla and Surendra Neta--have been arrested, the third accused Ravan Garg is still absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sugar prices up in Delhi by Rs 2 in June-July at Rs 40-41 per kg
- MEA rules out India-Pakistan bilateral talks during SAARC meet in Islamabad
- Here comes a solar cell that functions like a plant
- BJP MP Anurag Thakur is Lt Anurag Thakur now, joins Territorial Army – Watch his pics here
- What an achievement! Anurag Thakur becomes first BJP MP to be commissioned into Territorial Army