Rape accused BSP MLA threatens revenge
Banda: Jailed BSP MLA Purushottam Naresh
Dwivedi, accused of raping a teenage dalit girl here, on Friday
threatened to take revenge on his political adversaries who
had "framed" him in the case.
"Mein is case mein chhoot te hi apne rajnaitik
virodhiyon se jinhone mujhe is case mein phasaya hai badla
loonga (I would take revenge on my political adversaries who
have framed me in the case, after coming out of jail),"
Dwivedi, who was brought to a local court in connection with
his judicial remand, told mediapersons.
The MLA and his three associates were produced before
the court of additional chief judicial magistrate which
extended their judicial remand by 14 days.
The girl was allegedly raped on December 10 and 11 by
Dwivedi at the legislator`s residence in Banda from where she
escaped on December 12.
Last week too, Dwivedi had issued a similar threat
against his political rivals.
Meanwhile, the local media and lawyers clashed with each
other outside the court when the MLA was brought in a "Vajra"
vehicle. The lawyers later met the district judge Surendra
Kumar who issued certain directives for coverage in the court
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what