Rape accused BSP MLA threatens revenge
Banda: Jailed BSP MLA Purushottam Naresh
Dwivedi, accused of raping a teenage dalit girl here, on Friday
threatened to take revenge on his political adversaries who
had "framed" him in the case.
"Mein is case mein chhoot te hi apne rajnaitik
virodhiyon se jinhone mujhe is case mein phasaya hai badla
loonga (I would take revenge on my political adversaries who
have framed me in the case, after coming out of jail),"
Dwivedi, who was brought to a local court in connection with
his judicial remand, told mediapersons.
The MLA and his three associates were produced before
the court of additional chief judicial magistrate which
extended their judicial remand by 14 days.
The girl was allegedly raped on December 10 and 11 by
Dwivedi at the legislator`s residence in Banda from where she
escaped on December 12.
Last week too, Dwivedi had issued a similar threat
against his political rivals.
Meanwhile, the local media and lawyers clashed with each
other outside the court when the MLA was brought in a "Vajra"
vehicle. The lawyers later met the district judge Surendra
Kumar who issued certain directives for coverage in the court
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department