Rape accused BSP MLA threatens revenge
Banda: Jailed BSP MLA Purushottam Naresh
Dwivedi, accused of raping a teenage dalit girl here, on Friday
threatened to take revenge on his political adversaries who
had "framed" him in the case.
"Mein is case mein chhoot te hi apne rajnaitik
virodhiyon se jinhone mujhe is case mein phasaya hai badla
loonga (I would take revenge on my political adversaries who
have framed me in the case, after coming out of jail),"
Dwivedi, who was brought to a local court in connection with
his judicial remand, told mediapersons.
The MLA and his three associates were produced before
the court of additional chief judicial magistrate which
extended their judicial remand by 14 days.
The girl was allegedly raped on December 10 and 11 by
Dwivedi at the legislator`s residence in Banda from where she
escaped on December 12.
Last week too, Dwivedi had issued a similar threat
against his political rivals.
Meanwhile, the local media and lawyers clashed with each
other outside the court when the MLA was brought in a "Vajra"
vehicle. The lawyers later met the district judge Surendra
Kumar who issued certain directives for coverage in the court
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know