Rape accused youth commits suicide in UP
Ghaziabad: A 23-year-old shopkeeper allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself after a case of rape was lodged against him, police said on Saturday.
The deceased Abid, a resident of Loni, allegedly had a relationship with his neighbour`s daughter. He, however was married off to another girl in May this year.
Abid`s marriage had upset his former girlfriend, whose father lodged a complaint of rape and assault against him, police said, adding that the victim`s father Sabir was taken into custody.
Upset over the episode, Abid committed suicide by hanging himself from a fan in one of his acquaintance`s` house in Premanagar colony, police said.
The victim`s father Sabir was released from custody and he registered a case of abetment to suicide against the girl and her family, they added.
The medical report of the girl had not confirmed rape, SHO Brijmohna Yadav said. Further probe is on in this matter, Yadav said, adding that the accused woman and her father have been taken into custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan