Rape accused youth commits suicide in UP
Ghaziabad: A 23-year-old shopkeeper allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself after a case of rape was lodged against him, police said on Saturday.
The deceased Abid, a resident of Loni, allegedly had a relationship with his neighbour`s daughter. He, however was married off to another girl in May this year.
Abid`s marriage had upset his former girlfriend, whose father lodged a complaint of rape and assault against him, police said, adding that the victim`s father Sabir was taken into custody.
Upset over the episode, Abid committed suicide by hanging himself from a fan in one of his acquaintance`s` house in Premanagar colony, police said.
The victim`s father Sabir was released from custody and he registered a case of abetment to suicide against the girl and her family, they added.
The medical report of the girl had not confirmed rape, SHO Brijmohna Yadav said. Further probe is on in this matter, Yadav said, adding that the accused woman and her father have been taken into custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'