Rape accused youth commits suicide in UP
Ghaziabad: A 23-year-old shopkeeper allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself after a case of rape was lodged against him, police said on Saturday.
The deceased Abid, a resident of Loni, allegedly had a relationship with his neighbour`s daughter. He, however was married off to another girl in May this year.
Abid`s marriage had upset his former girlfriend, whose father lodged a complaint of rape and assault against him, police said, adding that the victim`s father Sabir was taken into custody.
Upset over the episode, Abid committed suicide by hanging himself from a fan in one of his acquaintance`s` house in Premanagar colony, police said.
The victim`s father Sabir was released from custody and he registered a case of abetment to suicide against the girl and her family, they added.
The medical report of the girl had not confirmed rape, SHO Brijmohna Yadav said. Further probe is on in this matter, Yadav said, adding that the accused woman and her father have been taken into custody.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why