Rape attempt: Girl sent to AIIMS for treatment
Kanpur: The Dalit girl, who was stabbed
in her eyes while resisting a rape attempt, was on Wednesday sent to
AIIMS with a team of doctors for further treatment.
The 14-year-old victim, whose cornea of the left eye
was totally damaged, was today sent to AIIMS in New Delhi,
Principal of Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Medical College, where
she was admitted, Anand Swaroop said.
The decision to send the girl to AIIMS was taken after
a meeting of a team of doctors, treating the girl, he said,
adding two teams of doctors are accompanying the victim.
Kuldeep (18) and Niranjan Yadav (17) attempted to rape
the 14-year-old girl when she had gone out in connection with
some work in Gadwa Buzurg village in Gursahaiganj area in
Kannauj on June 18.
When the girl raised an alarm, the duo attacked her
with knives, piercing her left eye and injuring the other. The
cornea of the left eye was totally damaged which may result in
loss of eyesight of the girl.
The girl has been operated upon on both her eyes.
Doctors say that left eye is severely damaged but right eye is
in a better condition.
"After being operated we asked her if she can see from
her right eye to which she admitted a blurred vision," Swaroop
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan