Rape attempt: Girl sent to AIIMS for treatment
Kanpur: The Dalit girl, who was stabbed
in her eyes while resisting a rape attempt, was on Wednesday sent to
AIIMS with a team of doctors for further treatment.
The 14-year-old victim, whose cornea of the left eye
was totally damaged, was today sent to AIIMS in New Delhi,
Principal of Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Medical College, where
she was admitted, Anand Swaroop said.
The decision to send the girl to AIIMS was taken after
a meeting of a team of doctors, treating the girl, he said,
adding two teams of doctors are accompanying the victim.
Kuldeep (18) and Niranjan Yadav (17) attempted to rape
the 14-year-old girl when she had gone out in connection with
some work in Gadwa Buzurg village in Gursahaiganj area in
Kannauj on June 18.
When the girl raised an alarm, the duo attacked her
with knives, piercing her left eye and injuring the other. The
cornea of the left eye was totally damaged which may result in
loss of eyesight of the girl.
The girl has been operated upon on both her eyes.
Doctors say that left eye is severely damaged but right eye is
in a better condition.
"After being operated we asked her if she can see from
her right eye to which she admitted a blurred vision," Swaroop
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Odisha shocker: No ambulance, staff break bones of woman's dead body to carry it on a sling
- Insult to Prophet Mohammad: Dispose off case against Hindu Mahasabha leader in 4 weeks, SC tells Allahabad HC
- SHOCKING! Man beaten to death in Delhi for golgappas - Watch
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover