Rape attempt: Girl sent to AIIMS for treatment
Kanpur: The Dalit girl, who was stabbed
in her eyes while resisting a rape attempt, was on Wednesday sent to
AIIMS with a team of doctors for further treatment.
The 14-year-old victim, whose cornea of the left eye
was totally damaged, was today sent to AIIMS in New Delhi,
Principal of Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Medical College, where
she was admitted, Anand Swaroop said.
The decision to send the girl to AIIMS was taken after
a meeting of a team of doctors, treating the girl, he said,
adding two teams of doctors are accompanying the victim.
Kuldeep (18) and Niranjan Yadav (17) attempted to rape
the 14-year-old girl when she had gone out in connection with
some work in Gadwa Buzurg village in Gursahaiganj area in
Kannauj on June 18.
When the girl raised an alarm, the duo attacked her
with knives, piercing her left eye and injuring the other. The
cornea of the left eye was totally damaged which may result in
loss of eyesight of the girl.
The girl has been operated upon on both her eyes.
Doctors say that left eye is severely damaged but right eye is
in a better condition.
"After being operated we asked her if she can see from
her right eye to which she admitted a blurred vision," Swaroop
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony