Rape bid: Judicial remand of 7 accused extended
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Saturday
extended till July 21 the judicial custody of seven persons,
including two cousins and gunners of BSP MLA Shahnwaz Rana,
arrested for allegedly abducting and attempting to rape two
Delhi girls last month.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Vikas Goel has
extended the judicial remand of Saddam and Shazaib, the MLA`s
cousins, and five others after they were produced in court.
The MLA`s two gunners Narender Kumar and Jarrar Ahmad
are among the accused.
The two girls were returning to Delhi from Mussoorie
along with their two male friends on June 21 evening when they
stopped at a petrol pump to get their vehicle repaired where a
group of seven-eight youths abducted them in a car, according
to the complainants.
The youths took them to a house and tried to rape them
at gun point but the women managed to escape.
Rana was suspended from BJP following the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown