Rape bid: Judicial remand of 7 accused extended
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Saturday
extended till July 21 the judicial custody of seven persons,
including two cousins and gunners of BSP MLA Shahnwaz Rana,
arrested for allegedly abducting and attempting to rape two
Delhi girls last month.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Vikas Goel has
extended the judicial remand of Saddam and Shazaib, the MLA`s
cousins, and five others after they were produced in court.
The MLA`s two gunners Narender Kumar and Jarrar Ahmad
are among the accused.
The two girls were returning to Delhi from Mussoorie
along with their two male friends on June 21 evening when they
stopped at a petrol pump to get their vehicle repaired where a
group of seven-eight youths abducted them in a car, according
to the complainants.
The youths took them to a house and tried to rape them
at gun point but the women managed to escape.
Rana was suspended from BJP following the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming