Rape victim commits suicide
Unnao: An 18 year-old rape victim allegedly
committed suicide in Sahijana village here, police said on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday, when the victim hanged
herself from a mango tree, police said.
The FIR lodged by the girl`s brother states that a
village youth raped the girl at gun point when her parents
were attending a family function on Saturday night, they said.
The deceased had confided in her elder sister about the
incident of rape, police added.
Raids are being carried out by the authorities as the
accused and his family members have been absconding since the
incident took place, they said.
The victim`s body has been sent for post-mortem, police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves