Rapists burn minor to death in UP
Ambedkar Nagar (UP): A 14-year-old girl was
allegedly burnt to death by three men who kept her in
captivity and gangraped the victim for three days at
Jahagiraganj area here, police said on Saturday.
The minor was kidnapped on March 22 from Tilaktanda
village by the trio -- Kunwar Singh, Bhim Prasad Yadav and
Arjun -- and held captive at a hut outside the village where
they raped her for three days, DSP Ajay Kumar said.
Fearing that the incident would come to light, the
accused yesterday set the hut on fire. The girl managed to
come out of the place and jumped into a nearby pond to douse
the flames. She was rushed to a hospital in Azamgarh where she
succumbed to her injuries, her family members alleged.
Search is on to nab the criminals who are absconding, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview