Rapists burn minor to death in UP
Ambedkar Nagar (UP): A 14-year-old girl was
allegedly burnt to death by three men who kept her in
captivity and gangraped the victim for three days at
Jahagiraganj area here, police said on Saturday.
The minor was kidnapped on March 22 from Tilaktanda
village by the trio -- Kunwar Singh, Bhim Prasad Yadav and
Arjun -- and held captive at a hut outside the village where
they raped her for three days, DSP Ajay Kumar said.
Fearing that the incident would come to light, the
accused yesterday set the hut on fire. The girl managed to
come out of the place and jumped into a nearby pond to douse
the flames. She was rushed to a hospital in Azamgarh where she
succumbed to her injuries, her family members alleged.
Search is on to nab the criminals who are absconding, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP will get clear majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections; SP, BSP will give fight in some seats'
- BCCI contemplating over holding mini-IPL in September: Report
- Will Salman Khan-Katrina Kaif be back together?
- A time of goodness, justice and peace is now going to begin in Kerala: Pinarayi Vijayan
- US, Vietnam agree to allow Peace Corps into Vietnam for first time