Ready to act on suggestions on rehabilitation of victims: UP CM
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday said his government was ready to act on suggestions, if any, of the Congress or any other party on rehabilitating victims of Muzzafarnagar riots.
Reacting to Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi`s visit to relief camps and homes of the victims in Muzaffarnagar, the Chief Minister said "we are ready to work on suggestions
if they want to give one. If they want to play politics it is up to them."
"We will act on suggestions on rehabilition of victims, if any, of the Congress or any other political party," he told reporters here.
Asked whether Rahul`s visit to meet riot-hit victims was an attempt to derive political mileage, Akhilesh said "I will not make political allegations. It is up to you (media) to analyse. You might know better."
He said the state government had given Rs five lakh to the vicitms for their rehabilitation, adding as their houses were burnt and near and dear ones were killed, they did not want to leave relief camps.
Earlier, at a function to feliciate him on the success of the polio eradication programme in the state, the Chief Minister said a political disease was spreading in the state and that needed to be checked.
"A political disease is spreading in the state. I do not know from where it has come. We need to check it," he said in an obvious reference to BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s poll campaign in the state.
"It is a challenge to thwart communal forces in the state," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know