`Real culprit` in double murder case held; innocent walks free
Ghaziabad: A local court today acquitted a
man who was "falsely implicated" in the murder of a woman and
her four-year-old grand daughter here after police claimed to
have arrested the "real culprit" in the case.
Sangeeta (50) and Gungun were killed in their Vijay Nagar
house on July 14. Sangeeta`s daughter, Divyanshi, had lodged a
complaint against their neighbour Israr, who was later
arrested and sent to jail.
Israr, who stayed behind the bars for over 70 days, was
today released by the court after police produced before it
one Rakesh who allegedly murdered the duo.
Rakesh and Divyanshi, 28, were said to be in a
relationship, police claimed, adding the charges against Israr
was to mislead the investigation.
Meanwhile, Rakesh has been sent to Dasna jail after being
produced before the judicial magistrate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway