Received threats to not undertake Puravanchal yatra: Amar
Lucknow: Expelled Samajwadi Party leader
and Lok Manch founder Amar Singh Thursday said that he has been threatened against taking out his yatra for a separate Purvanchal state on December 1.
"I received a phone call this afternoon warning me against taking out the 450-km yatra from Allahabad to
Gorakhpur," Singh told reporters here.
"Citing the incident of black flags shown to Congress
president Sonia Gandhi in Allahabad today, the caller warned
me to think twice before going there and warned that not a
single word of mine would be tolerated," Singh claimed.
Singh said that he had earlier, too, received a threat
call and had apprised the Prime Minister and the Union home
secretary about the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!