Record number of girl students in IIM-Lucknow
Lucknow: Indian Institute of Management- Lucknow has witnessed a record increase in the number of girl students in 2012-14, IIM-L sources said on Monday.
"The key focus in admissions this year was to ensure gender diversity without compromising on merit. The institute witnessed a record increase in the fairer sex - a total of 144 (35.4 per cent) female students have been inducted this year in post-graduate programme in management and 23 (50 per cent) in in Agri-Business Management," the IIM-L said in a release.
The 2012-14 post-graduate programme at IIM-L became the largest batch inducted till date with 453 students, it said.
A majority of those who took admission in IIM-L continued to be from engineering background though, their percentage has come down compared to the previous years.
Students from diverse fields like medicine, pharmacy and even food technology are a part of the present batch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city