Recruitment mishap: Maneka to file case against Railways, ITBP
Bareilly: BJP MP Maneka Gandhi on Wednesday said
she would file a case against the Railways and the ITBP in
connection with the death of 19 people who had come for a
recruitment drive by the force here earlier this month.
"I would take legal opinion from lawyers of the
Supreme Court on returning to Delhi and file a case against
the ITBP and the Railways in connection with the death of
several candidates in a rail accident," Maneka, who represents
Aonla constituency, told reporters here.
Maneka blamed the ITBP authorities for the February 1
incident in which several youths had fallen to death from a
train crammed with ITBP aspirants. The youths had also gone on
a rampage here over alleged improper arrangements for the
recruitment camp for which over one lakh people had turned up.
Taking a dig at Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee,
Maneka said, "She is concerned only about West Bengal".
The BJP MP said that she would work to ensure that the
victims of the tragedy get adequate compensation.
Attacking the Mayawati government, Maneka Gandhi
allaged that "90 per cent of her ministers and MLAs were
involved in cases of murder, loot, crime against women and
"It appears that the chief minister has given a free
hand to her MLAs and ministers for loot," she alleged.
To a question on the incident involving a security
officer cleaning the shoes of the chief minister, Maneka said
that it appears that she is out to give a signal to the higher
Gandhi also met shopkeepers and farmers of Bukharagaon
outside the ITBP complex who had suffered losses following
arson and loot by protesters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border