Registration of properties in UP likely to become costlier
Lucknow: Registration of properties in Uttar Pradesh is likely to become costlier from July 1, as the state government has directed the district magistrates to revise circle rates.
"Institutional Finance and Stamp and Registration Minister Nand Gopal Gupta Nandi has directed the departmental officials to get the circles rates revised by the DMs by June
30, so that revised rates could be implemented from next month," departmental sources said here.
The DM circle rates, which is revised after every two years, is an indicative market price of the land and property and on the basis of which registration is done, they said.
"With revision in the circle rate, land and property rates are likely to increase further in the state," sources said.
The minister also directed the departmental officials to dispose of Chief Minister`s references and letters sent by the MLAs on priority.
He also directed that notices should be issued to Opposition parties in cases decided by the court by June 30.
Appreciating officers for realisation of additional revenue in May month, Nandi directed the officials of 10 districts to realise targets in this month itself.
"As against the target of Rs 510 crore revenue in May, the department had realised Rs 572 crore," sources said.
He said that efforts should be made to rid farmers from the clutches of private lenders and Sahukari Mukti Yojna should be implemented effectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!