Rehabilitate youths absolved of terror charges: CPI(M) to UP CM
Lucknow: CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat and party leader Subhashini Ali on Tuesday met Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and requested him to ensure rehabilitation of youths, who were absolved of terror charges by various courts in the state.
"The two leaders met the chief minister and requested him to provide jobs and compensation to youths released by variuos courts after charges of terrorist activities were not proved agains them," Samajwadi Party spokesperson Rajendra Chowdhury told reporters here.
The chief minister assured the leaders that the issue was included in the party`s election manifesto and he was committed to fulfill the promises made before people of the state.
The CPI(M) leaders gave a memorandum to Yadav featuring names of nine youths, some of whom had to spent eight to nine years in jails after being labelled as "terrorists" and later released by courts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah