Rehabilitate youths absolved of terror charges: CPI(M) to UP CM
Lucknow: CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat and party leader Subhashini Ali on Tuesday met Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and requested him to ensure rehabilitation of youths, who were absolved of terror charges by various courts in the state.
"The two leaders met the chief minister and requested him to provide jobs and compensation to youths released by variuos courts after charges of terrorist activities were not proved agains them," Samajwadi Party spokesperson Rajendra Chowdhury told reporters here.
The chief minister assured the leaders that the issue was included in the party`s election manifesto and he was committed to fulfill the promises made before people of the state.
The CPI(M) leaders gave a memorandum to Yadav featuring names of nine youths, some of whom had to spent eight to nine years in jails after being labelled as "terrorists" and later released by courts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption