Rejected lover attacks girl, mother with bombs
Agra: A rejected lover attacked a girl and her mother with crude bombs in this Taj city, injuring them seriously, police said on Saturday. The youth has been arrested.
The incident took place in the Kalindi Vihar colony of Trans-Yamuna area on Friday.
Etmauddaula police station officers said Manish Jain forcibly entered the house of his neighbour and threw three crude bombs. One did not explode while the two others seriously injured the mother and daughter.
The victims are struggling for life at SN Medical College`s emergency ward. The bomb hit 23-year-old Kavita Sharma on her abdomen and badly burnt her body.
Neighbours told the police that the boy was madly in love with Kavita and having failed to get any response resorted to the act. Police late night arrested the boy.
Deputy Inspector General Aseem Arun and other senior officials reached the site and ordered inquiry.
A case has been registered on the complaint lodged by the mother Rajeshwari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what