Rejected lover attacks girl, mother with bombs
Agra: A rejected lover attacked a girl and her mother with crude bombs in this Taj city, injuring them seriously, police said on Saturday. The youth has been arrested.
The incident took place in the Kalindi Vihar colony of Trans-Yamuna area on Friday.
Etmauddaula police station officers said Manish Jain forcibly entered the house of his neighbour and threw three crude bombs. One did not explode while the two others seriously injured the mother and daughter.
The victims are struggling for life at SN Medical College`s emergency ward. The bomb hit 23-year-old Kavita Sharma on her abdomen and badly burnt her body.
Neighbours told the police that the boy was madly in love with Kavita and having failed to get any response resorted to the act. Police late night arrested the boy.
Deputy Inspector General Aseem Arun and other senior officials reached the site and ordered inquiry.
A case has been registered on the complaint lodged by the mother Rajeshwari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof