Relatives of former UP CM Kalyan Singh attacked
Badaun: Two close relatives of former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Kalyan Singh were attacked in Behta Kauda village under Kotwali Bisauli area where they had gone to take part in a panchayat.
Shyamlal and Vijaypal, the brothers-in-law of Kalyan Singh, had gone to the village to resolve the dispute when the rivals attacked them and also tried to set them ablaze after sprinkling kerosene.
Shyamlal`s daughter Hansavati, married and living in the village, was accused of helping in elopement of a girl. During the panchayat, the girl`s family members got involved in a heated debate after which they sprinkled kerosene and tried to set Shyamlal and Vijaypal ablaze. The villagers, somehow rescued them and locked the two in a room for their safety, SSP Dharamvir Singh said.
A named FIR against nine persons, including five women, has been lodged and efforts were on to nab them, the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP closes gap with Shiv Sena in BMC, dominates in other cities
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway