Relatives of former UP CM Kalyan Singh attacked
Badaun: Two close relatives of former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Kalyan Singh were attacked in Behta Kauda village under Kotwali Bisauli area where they had gone to take part in a panchayat.
Shyamlal and Vijaypal, the brothers-in-law of Kalyan Singh, had gone to the village to resolve the dispute when the rivals attacked them and also tried to set them ablaze after sprinkling kerosene.
Shyamlal`s daughter Hansavati, married and living in the village, was accused of helping in elopement of a girl. During the panchayat, the girl`s family members got involved in a heated debate after which they sprinkled kerosene and tried to set Shyamlal and Vijaypal ablaze. The villagers, somehow rescued them and locked the two in a room for their safety, SSP Dharamvir Singh said.
A named FIR against nine persons, including five women, has been lodged and efforts were on to nab them, the SSP said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India