Relief for SP leader, court orders stay on RI
Faizabad (UP): In a relief to Samajwadi Party leader Mitrasen Yadav, an additional session court on Thursday stayed a lower court`s order of 7-year rigorous imprisonment to him in an embezzlement case.
Additional session judge Faridul granted stay on the
chief judicial magistrate`s order of seven-year rigorous
imprisonment, following a plea filed by the former MP
challenging the court order.
The judge also granted bail to Yadav.
Yesterday, the court of additional chief judicial
magistrate had sentenced the SP leader to seven years`
rigorous imprisonment in a 14-year-old embezzlement case.
Yadav, a three time MP is Samajwadi Party`s candidate
from Bikapur constituency of Faizabad in the upcoming 2012
Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
The conviction of the SP leader had threw spanner in his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Arjun Tendulkar included in U-16 West Zone team for inter-zonal tourney
- Camry Hybrid, Ciaz, Ertiga to cost less in Delhi after VAT cut
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- Champions League final goal like losing virginity – Sergio Ramos
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics