Relief for SP leader, court orders stay on RI
Faizabad (UP): In a relief to Samajwadi Party leader Mitrasen Yadav, an additional session court on Thursday stayed a lower court`s order of 7-year rigorous imprisonment to him in an embezzlement case.
Additional session judge Faridul granted stay on the
chief judicial magistrate`s order of seven-year rigorous
imprisonment, following a plea filed by the former MP
challenging the court order.
The judge also granted bail to Yadav.
Yesterday, the court of additional chief judicial
magistrate had sentenced the SP leader to seven years`
rigorous imprisonment in a 14-year-old embezzlement case.
Yadav, a three time MP is Samajwadi Party`s candidate
from Bikapur constituency of Faizabad in the upcoming 2012
Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
The conviction of the SP leader had threw spanner in his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth