Relief for SP leader, court orders stay on RI
Faizabad (UP): In a relief to Samajwadi Party leader Mitrasen Yadav, an additional session court on Thursday stayed a lower court`s order of 7-year rigorous imprisonment to him in an embezzlement case.
Additional session judge Faridul granted stay on the
chief judicial magistrate`s order of seven-year rigorous
imprisonment, following a plea filed by the former MP
challenging the court order.
The judge also granted bail to Yadav.
Yesterday, the court of additional chief judicial
magistrate had sentenced the SP leader to seven years`
rigorous imprisonment in a 14-year-old embezzlement case.
Yadav, a three time MP is Samajwadi Party`s candidate
from Bikapur constituency of Faizabad in the upcoming 2012
Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
The conviction of the SP leader had threw spanner in his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- India, Congo's friendly relation to strengthen further: President
- Delhi: Dance instructor commits suicide after strangling suspected lover
- It was a joke: Irrfan on 'Kabali' poster comment
- Salman Khan's brand new 'Sultan' poster is brutal and adrenaline-pumping! – View pic
- Sensex rallies 216 points on 7th Pay Commission approval, GST hopes