Religious procession attacked
Etawah: A religious procession was attacked here by a group of over 100 people, injuring nearly 30 of his followers, police said on Sunday.
The procession of Baba Jai Gurudev, who was here to attend a religious programme in Khitaura village, was attacked by a group with bricks and sticks last night, they said.
Police are investigating into the reason behind the attack.
An FIR against 156 people had been registered following a complaint by one of the followers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins