Reservation a violation of rights of the deserving: Varun Gandhi
Moradabad (UP): Bharatiya Janata Party MP Varun Gandhi Tuesday said reservation in jobs for SC/STs should be done away with as it is against the interests of general public and in violation of the rights of the deserving.
"I was the only MP to raise voice against reservations," claimed Gandhi during a function at Hindu College here, adding that there should be no compromise on the level of efficiency particularly in crucial jobs like in the health sector.
Commenting on the functioning of current crop of MPs, Gandhi said most of them neglected their constituencies whereas in advanced countries, representatives of the people made every effort to be in constant touch with the electorate.
The Pilibhit MP said giving maximum time to his constituency was one of his top priorities in order to address the grievances of the people.
On the recent violation of ceasefire along the LoC in J&K in which an Indian soldier was beheaded and another shot dead by Pakistan troops, Gandhi said the issue would have found greater prominence in any other country.
Talking about the youth, Gandhi said that they should come forward to contribute to society since they were not only the future but also the present of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Nintendo shares plunge 17% on Pokemon Go warning
- Relief for Salman Khan as Rajasthan High Court acquits him in two chinkara poaching cases
- India tour of West Indies 2016: It was a complete performance, says Virat Kohli after comprehensive win
- Vietnam warns South China Sea is a `test` of ASEAN
- China telecom giant Huawei first half revenue up 40%