Reservation a violation of rights of the deserving: Varun Gandhi
Moradabad (UP): Bharatiya Janata Party MP Varun Gandhi Tuesday said reservation in jobs for SC/STs should be done away with as it is against the interests of general public and in violation of the rights of the deserving.
"I was the only MP to raise voice against reservations," claimed Gandhi during a function at Hindu College here, adding that there should be no compromise on the level of efficiency particularly in crucial jobs like in the health sector.
Commenting on the functioning of current crop of MPs, Gandhi said most of them neglected their constituencies whereas in advanced countries, representatives of the people made every effort to be in constant touch with the electorate.
The Pilibhit MP said giving maximum time to his constituency was one of his top priorities in order to address the grievances of the people.
On the recent violation of ceasefire along the LoC in J&K in which an Indian soldier was beheaded and another shot dead by Pakistan troops, Gandhi said the issue would have found greater prominence in any other country.
Talking about the youth, Gandhi said that they should come forward to contribute to society since they were not only the future but also the present of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars