Reservation needed for Jats’ upliftment: BKU
Muzaffarnagar: Bhartiya Kisan Union (BKU) Wednesday said that reservation was necessary for the Jat community to uplift them from their present state.
Supporting the community`s demand for reservation in higher education and government jobs, BKU President Mahendra Singh Tikait today said that their agitation for the cause is
"Reservation is necessary for the Jat community to uplift them and the agitation for the cause is justified," he said at Sisauli near here.
Due to growing population, agricultural land has been reduced and affected the community, he said, adding the action committee led by Yashpal Malik would be supported by BKU.
A Chitan Camp of the party which began today at Hardwar will discuss farmers problem, he said.
Jats on June 14 had stopped water supply from Ghaziabad to Delhi demanding reservation in government jobs.
They later suspended their agitation after talks with government officials.
The agitation was led by Akhil Bharatiya Jat Sangarsh Samiti in Muradnagar in Ghaziabad.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report
- '10% rise in China apparel prices to create 1.2 million Indian jobs'
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- 40 cities to be selected in second round of smart city project: Govt