Reservation needed for Jats’ upliftment: BKU
Muzaffarnagar: Bhartiya Kisan Union (BKU) Wednesday said that reservation was necessary for the Jat community to uplift them from their present state.
Supporting the community`s demand for reservation in higher education and government jobs, BKU President Mahendra Singh Tikait today said that their agitation for the cause is
"Reservation is necessary for the Jat community to uplift them and the agitation for the cause is justified," he said at Sisauli near here.
Due to growing population, agricultural land has been reduced and affected the community, he said, adding the action committee led by Yashpal Malik would be supported by BKU.
A Chitan Camp of the party which began today at Hardwar will discuss farmers problem, he said.
Jats on June 14 had stopped water supply from Ghaziabad to Delhi demanding reservation in government jobs.
They later suspended their agitation after talks with government officials.
The agitation was led by Akhil Bharatiya Jat Sangarsh Samiti in Muradnagar in Ghaziabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love