Reservation needed for Jats’ upliftment: BKU
Muzaffarnagar: Bhartiya Kisan Union (BKU) Wednesday said that reservation was necessary for the Jat community to uplift them from their present state.
Supporting the community`s demand for reservation in higher education and government jobs, BKU President Mahendra Singh Tikait today said that their agitation for the cause is
"Reservation is necessary for the Jat community to uplift them and the agitation for the cause is justified," he said at Sisauli near here.
Due to growing population, agricultural land has been reduced and affected the community, he said, adding the action committee led by Yashpal Malik would be supported by BKU.
A Chitan Camp of the party which began today at Hardwar will discuss farmers problem, he said.
Jats on June 14 had stopped water supply from Ghaziabad to Delhi demanding reservation in government jobs.
They later suspended their agitation after talks with government officials.
The agitation was led by Akhil Bharatiya Jat Sangarsh Samiti in Muradnagar in Ghaziabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials