Retd IAF man, two others killed in separate accidents
Kanpur: A retired Air Force personnel was among three persons killed in separate accidents in the state, police said on Wednesday.
Surendra Nath Bannerjee (63), an ex-Air Force personnel and resident of Yashodanagar S-Block here, was hit by a speeding truck while riding a two-wheeler on his way to Harshpuram.
Locals rushed a seriously Surendra to the Hallet Hospital where doctors declared him dead.
In another incident, a grocer Ram Bihari alias Mukesh (35) was knocked down by a speeding truck while he coming from Panki, near here. Locals rushed him in a seriously injured state to the same hospital where doctors declared him dead.
Sauchi Pal (50) too met with the same fate as he also succumbed to his injuries last night at the Hallet hospital while undergoing treatment after being hit by a truck, when he was crossing a street.
All three incidents took place in the last 24 hours. Dead bodies have been sent for post-mortem and inquiries have been initiated, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!