Retd IAF man, two others killed in separate accidents
Kanpur: A retired Air Force personnel was among three persons killed in separate accidents in the state, police said on Wednesday.
Surendra Nath Bannerjee (63), an ex-Air Force personnel and resident of Yashodanagar S-Block here, was hit by a speeding truck while riding a two-wheeler on his way to Harshpuram.
Locals rushed a seriously Surendra to the Hallet Hospital where doctors declared him dead.
In another incident, a grocer Ram Bihari alias Mukesh (35) was knocked down by a speeding truck while he coming from Panki, near here. Locals rushed him in a seriously injured state to the same hospital where doctors declared him dead.
Sauchi Pal (50) too met with the same fate as he also succumbed to his injuries last night at the Hallet hospital while undergoing treatment after being hit by a truck, when he was crossing a street.
All three incidents took place in the last 24 hours. Dead bodies have been sent for post-mortem and inquiries have been initiated, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble