Retd IAF man, two others killed in separate accidents
Kanpur: A retired Air Force personnel was among three persons killed in separate accidents in the state, police said on Wednesday.
Surendra Nath Bannerjee (63), an ex-Air Force personnel and resident of Yashodanagar S-Block here, was hit by a speeding truck while riding a two-wheeler on his way to Harshpuram.
Locals rushed a seriously Surendra to the Hallet Hospital where doctors declared him dead.
In another incident, a grocer Ram Bihari alias Mukesh (35) was knocked down by a speeding truck while he coming from Panki, near here. Locals rushed him in a seriously injured state to the same hospital where doctors declared him dead.
Sauchi Pal (50) too met with the same fate as he also succumbed to his injuries last night at the Hallet hospital while undergoing treatment after being hit by a truck, when he was crossing a street.
All three incidents took place in the last 24 hours. Dead bodies have been sent for post-mortem and inquiries have been initiated, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today