Retd IAF man, two others killed in separate accidents
Kanpur: A retired Air Force personnel was among three persons killed in separate accidents in the state, police said on Wednesday.
Surendra Nath Bannerjee (63), an ex-Air Force personnel and resident of Yashodanagar S-Block here, was hit by a speeding truck while riding a two-wheeler on his way to Harshpuram.
Locals rushed a seriously Surendra to the Hallet Hospital where doctors declared him dead.
In another incident, a grocer Ram Bihari alias Mukesh (35) was knocked down by a speeding truck while he coming from Panki, near here. Locals rushed him in a seriously injured state to the same hospital where doctors declared him dead.
Sauchi Pal (50) too met with the same fate as he also succumbed to his injuries last night at the Hallet hospital while undergoing treatment after being hit by a truck, when he was crossing a street.
All three incidents took place in the last 24 hours. Dead bodies have been sent for post-mortem and inquiries have been initiated, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town