Retd IAF man, two others killed in separate accidents
Kanpur: A retired Air Force personnel was among three persons killed in separate accidents in the state, police said on Wednesday.
Surendra Nath Bannerjee (63), an ex-Air Force personnel and resident of Yashodanagar S-Block here, was hit by a speeding truck while riding a two-wheeler on his way to Harshpuram.
Locals rushed a seriously Surendra to the Hallet Hospital where doctors declared him dead.
In another incident, a grocer Ram Bihari alias Mukesh (35) was knocked down by a speeding truck while he coming from Panki, near here. Locals rushed him in a seriously injured state to the same hospital where doctors declared him dead.
Sauchi Pal (50) too met with the same fate as he also succumbed to his injuries last night at the Hallet hospital while undergoing treatment after being hit by a truck, when he was crossing a street.
All three incidents took place in the last 24 hours. Dead bodies have been sent for post-mortem and inquiries have been initiated, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed