Retired DSP`s son named in drug haul case, absconding
Meerut: The son of retired DSP of Uttar Pradesh Police, who has been arrested in the Zirakpur drug haul, was also found to be involved in the case and is absconding, police said on Wednesday.
Retired DSP Kirpal Singh was yesterday arrested from here where he was running his pharmaceutical factory, which was believed to have been one of the suppliers of raw materials for the drugs found in Zirakpur.
Kirpal had reportedly retired from the company and it was being headed by his son Anuj Singh, who is absconding, police said.
A case has been registered under Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act against Kirpal Singh and his son Anuj, they said.
Punjab police had recovered 26 kg of heroin worth Rs 130 crore in international market from an NRI`s house in Zirakpur, on the outskirts of Chandigarh two weeks ago.
Olympic medal winning boxer Vijender Singh`s name had also cropped up in the case.
Altogether 11 people have been arrested in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?