Retired DSP`s son named in drug haul case, absconding
Meerut: The son of retired DSP of Uttar Pradesh Police, who has been arrested in the Zirakpur drug haul, was also found to be involved in the case and is absconding, police said on Wednesday.
Retired DSP Kirpal Singh was yesterday arrested from here where he was running his pharmaceutical factory, which was believed to have been one of the suppliers of raw materials for the drugs found in Zirakpur.
Kirpal had reportedly retired from the company and it was being headed by his son Anuj Singh, who is absconding, police said.
A case has been registered under Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act against Kirpal Singh and his son Anuj, they said.
Punjab police had recovered 26 kg of heroin worth Rs 130 crore in international market from an NRI`s house in Zirakpur, on the outskirts of Chandigarh two weeks ago.
Olympic medal winning boxer Vijender Singh`s name had also cropped up in the case.
Altogether 11 people have been arrested in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP