Revenue official arrested while taking bribe
Ghazipur: A lekhpal (revenue official) was allegedly caught red-handed by an anti-corruption team while accepting a bribe in Rajadi village of the district, official sources said on Friday.
Sonu Kumar of Rajadi village had complained that Lekhpal Jagdish Singh Yadav was demanding Rs 15000 to prepare his solvency certificate, they said.
After the complaint the department laid a trap and caught Yadav red handed while he was taking the bribe, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi