Revenue official arrested while taking bribe
Ghazipur: A lekhpal (revenue official) was allegedly caught red-handed by an anti-corruption team while accepting a bribe in Rajadi village of the district, official sources said on Friday.
Sonu Kumar of Rajadi village had complained that Lekhpal Jagdish Singh Yadav was demanding Rs 15000 to prepare his solvency certificate, they said.
After the complaint the department laid a trap and caught Yadav red handed while he was taking the bribe, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site