Revenue official arrested while taking bribe
Ghazipur: A lekhpal (revenue official) was allegedly caught red-handed by an anti-corruption team while accepting a bribe in Rajadi village of the district, official sources said on Friday.
Sonu Kumar of Rajadi village had complained that Lekhpal Jagdish Singh Yadav was demanding Rs 15000 to prepare his solvency certificate, they said.
After the complaint the department laid a trap and caught Yadav red handed while he was taking the bribe, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez