Revenue official arrested while taking bribe
Ghazipur: A lekhpal (revenue official) was allegedly caught red-handed by an anti-corruption team while accepting a bribe in Rajadi village of the district, official sources said on Friday.
Sonu Kumar of Rajadi village had complained that Lekhpal Jagdish Singh Yadav was demanding Rs 15000 to prepare his solvency certificate, they said.
After the complaint the department laid a trap and caught Yadav red handed while he was taking the bribe, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption