Review decision on scrapping of schemes: BSP to Akhilesh govt
Lucknow: Slamming the Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party government for scrapping schemes launched by the previous Mayawati regime, the opposition Bahujan Samaj Party on Saturday asked it to review its decision.
"Besides cancelling various schemes, the SP government has renamed Dr Ambedkar Samagra Gram Vikas Yojna after socialist thinker Ram Manohar Lohia.
"This is not only unfortunate but also amounts to showing disrespect to Dr Ambedkar," BJP leaders Swami Prasad Maurya and Naseemuddin Siddiqui told a press conference here.
Condemning the state government for scrapping schemes started by the then Mayawati dispensation, they asked the Akhilesh government to review its decision.
Maurya and Siddiqui, leaders of the opposition in the Vidhan Sabha and the Vidhan Parishad respectively, said their party would raise the issue in the upcoming state assembly session.
They said the schemes meant for uplift of villages had been discontinued.
In case, the government did not review its decision and continued to ignore the poor, people would teach it a lesson at an appropriate time, the BSP leaders said.
On changing the name of the scheme after Lohia, they said "if they want they can start as many schemes in Lohia`s name."
But, changing the name and discontinuing other schemes was totally wrong, they said.
Siddiqui, who was PWD minister in the BSP government, alleged that brass gates, sandstone grills and other things, part of various ambitious projects of Mayawati, had been found missing.
His efforts to draw the attention of senior officials in this regard had proved futile, he said.
The cabinet had yesterday decided to discontinue a number of schemes and programmes of the previous Mayawati government.
Majority of the schemes and programmes were named after dalit icons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!