Review decision on scrapping of schemes: BSP to Akhilesh govt
Lucknow: Slamming the Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party government for scrapping schemes launched by the previous Mayawati regime, the opposition Bahujan Samaj Party on Saturday asked it to review its decision.
"Besides cancelling various schemes, the SP government has renamed Dr Ambedkar Samagra Gram Vikas Yojna after socialist thinker Ram Manohar Lohia.
"This is not only unfortunate but also amounts to showing disrespect to Dr Ambedkar," BJP leaders Swami Prasad Maurya and Naseemuddin Siddiqui told a press conference here.
Condemning the state government for scrapping schemes started by the then Mayawati dispensation, they asked the Akhilesh government to review its decision.
Maurya and Siddiqui, leaders of the opposition in the Vidhan Sabha and the Vidhan Parishad respectively, said their party would raise the issue in the upcoming state assembly session.
They said the schemes meant for uplift of villages had been discontinued.
In case, the government did not review its decision and continued to ignore the poor, people would teach it a lesson at an appropriate time, the BSP leaders said.
On changing the name of the scheme after Lohia, they said "if they want they can start as many schemes in Lohia`s name."
But, changing the name and discontinuing other schemes was totally wrong, they said.
Siddiqui, who was PWD minister in the BSP government, alleged that brass gates, sandstone grills and other things, part of various ambitious projects of Mayawati, had been found missing.
His efforts to draw the attention of senior officials in this regard had proved futile, he said.
The cabinet had yesterday decided to discontinue a number of schemes and programmes of the previous Mayawati government.
Majority of the schemes and programmes were named after dalit icons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'