Revolver of IAS officer to be sent for forensic test
Lucknow: City police will send the
revolver of senior IAS Harminder Raj Singh for forensic test
to a science laboratory, a senior officer said here on Thursday.
"The Lucknow Police had been directed to send the
revolver of Singh to science laboratory for forensic test,"
Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) A K Jain
told reporters here.
He said that handwash sample of Singh would also be
send for laboratory testing.
Singh, who headed the housing department as the
Principal Secretary, allegedly committed suicide by shooting
himself with his licenced revolver at his Vikramaditya Marg
official residence on the intervening night of November 28 and
Terming it to be a "clear-cut case of suicide" police
had already closed the case.
"As per the investigations carried out by the Lucknow
Police, senior IAS officer heading Housing department
Harminder Raj Singh`s case is that of clear-cut suicide," Jain
had earlier said.
He said that during investigation nothing fishy was
found on the spot and no one, including family members, raised
The ADG, however, said that if any complaint was
received from the family of the IAS, then a case would be
"As of now nothing in writing has been received," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside