Revolver of IAS officer to be sent for forensic test
Lucknow: City police will send the
revolver of senior IAS Harminder Raj Singh for forensic test
to a science laboratory, a senior officer said here on Thursday.
"The Lucknow Police had been directed to send the
revolver of Singh to science laboratory for forensic test,"
Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) A K Jain
told reporters here.
He said that handwash sample of Singh would also be
send for laboratory testing.
Singh, who headed the housing department as the
Principal Secretary, allegedly committed suicide by shooting
himself with his licenced revolver at his Vikramaditya Marg
official residence on the intervening night of November 28 and
Terming it to be a "clear-cut case of suicide" police
had already closed the case.
"As per the investigations carried out by the Lucknow
Police, senior IAS officer heading Housing department
Harminder Raj Singh`s case is that of clear-cut suicide," Jain
had earlier said.
He said that during investigation nothing fishy was
found on the spot and no one, including family members, raised
The ADG, however, said that if any complaint was
received from the family of the IAS, then a case would be
"As of now nothing in writing has been received," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress