Rickshaw puller rewarded for honesty
Rampur: A rickshaw puller here was rewarded for his honesty after he handed over a pistol worth Rs 1 lakh to police, officials said on Monday.
Kishan Lal, a rickshaw puller of Ataria village here, found a bag containing the pistol in his rickshaw yesterday and deposited it at a nearby police station, they said.
Lal found the bag which also contained some official papers, after he had dropped a security man at a hotel.
The matter was soon brought to the notice of SP Ramit Sharma, who awarded Lal Rs 500 for his honesty, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert