Riot accused BJP candidate starts campaign in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: BJP candidate from Bijnore Lok Sabha seat Bhartendu Singh, an accused in Muzaffarnagar communal riots, today started his election campaign from the native village of two youths whose death sparked off the violence last year.
Starting his campaign at Malikpura village, the sitting MP assured the families of Gaurav and Sachin, who were killed in Kawal Village of the district last year, that justice will be provided to the them.
BJP, on the last day of nomination yesterday, changed its candidate for Bijnor Lok Sabha constituency giving ticket to Bhartendu Singh in place of earlier declared candidate Rajendra Singh.
After an FIR against him during Muzaffarnagar riots, Bhartendu was arrested and sent to jail. He was later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka