Rioting FIR against former BJP minister
Ballia: An FIR has been lodged against BJP
leader and former minister Bharat Singh in Dokati police
station here on charges of rioting and attempt to murder.
The FIR, which was lodged on a complaint filed by block
pramukh (chief) Kanhaiya Singh, who is also the brother of BJP
leader and former MP, Virendra Singh Mast, pertains to a clash
between the supporters of the two in Dalanchapra village
yesterday, Superintendent of Police V K Shekhar said.
Both Bharat Singh and Kanhiya Singh had attended separate
functions in the said village where their supporters had
clashed with each other, indulging in brick-batting and
firing, the SP said.
Bharat Singh has also filed a separate complaint against
Kanhiya Singh on the same charges alleging that he was shot
The SP said investigations were on in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui