Riots victim`s house set on fire in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: Unidentified persons allegedly set afire a house and an adjoining place of worship belonging to a riots victim in Phugana area here, police said on Monday.
According to Deputy Superintendent of Police SP Sharma, the house of a riots victim, who deserted it and is now living in a camp, at Bahawdi village of the district was set on fire yesterday.
On information, police and fire services personnel rushed to the spot and controlled the fire.
Sharma said an investigation was on into the case and the the accused would be identified and arrested soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown