Riots victim`s house set on fire in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: Unidentified persons allegedly set afire a house and an adjoining place of worship belonging to a riots victim in Phugana area here, police said on Monday.
According to Deputy Superintendent of Police SP Sharma, the house of a riots victim, who deserted it and is now living in a camp, at Bahawdi village of the district was set on fire yesterday.
On information, police and fire services personnel rushed to the spot and controlled the fire.
Sharma said an investigation was on into the case and the the accused would be identified and arrested soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what