Riots victim`s house set on fire
Muzaffarnagar: Some unidentified persons allegedly set afire the house and an adjoining religious place belonging to a riots victim in Phugana area here, police said today.
According to Deputy Superintendent of Police S P Sharma, the house of a riots victim, who deserted it and is now living in a camp, at Bahawdi village in Phugana area of the district was set on fire yesterday.
On information, police and fire services personnel rushed to the spot and controlled the fire.
Sharma said an investigation was on into the case and the the accused would be identified and arrested soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh arrives in violence-hit Kashmir, holds meeting with civil society members
- Premier League 2016-17: Liverpool seal big-money deal for Georginio Wijnaldum
- PM Narendra Modi condemns Munich attack
- When Aditya Chopra told Ranveer Singh to act like himself
- Shah Rukh Khan terms himself struggling writer, pens poem inspired from Zayn Malik