Riots victim`s house set on fire
Muzaffarnagar: Some unidentified persons allegedly set afire the house and an adjoining religious place belonging to a riots victim in Phugana area here, police said today.
According to Deputy Superintendent of Police S P Sharma, the house of a riots victim, who deserted it and is now living in a camp, at Bahawdi village in Phugana area of the district was set on fire yesterday.
On information, police and fire services personnel rushed to the spot and controlled the fire.
Sharma said an investigation was on into the case and the the accused would be identified and arrested soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt