Rising mercury forces early summer vacations in Lucknow
Lucknow: The Lucknow district magistrate ordered early summer vacations in all city schools upto class 12th due to steady rise in mercury level, officials said on Tuesday.
The decision to close the schools by May 20 follows a series of complaints by parents and students.
The district magistrate, after discussing the issue with other officials and met department, ordered the early closure of schools Monday night.
The met department has confirmed about day temperature touching 44 degrees Celsius in the city.
The district inspector of schools has been asked to ensure that all schools - private and government follow the orders.
May 13 and 14 are already holidays in schools, an official informed IANS adding the schools have been intimated about the decision.
School authorities said the fresh directives mean that the summer vacations would start a week earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says