Rising mercury forces early summer vacations in Lucknow
Lucknow: The Lucknow district magistrate ordered early summer vacations in all city schools upto class 12th due to steady rise in mercury level, officials said on Tuesday.
The decision to close the schools by May 20 follows a series of complaints by parents and students.
The district magistrate, after discussing the issue with other officials and met department, ordered the early closure of schools Monday night.
The met department has confirmed about day temperature touching 44 degrees Celsius in the city.
The district inspector of schools has been asked to ensure that all schools - private and government follow the orders.
May 13 and 14 are already holidays in schools, an official informed IANS adding the schools have been intimated about the decision.
School authorities said the fresh directives mean that the summer vacations would start a week earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!