Rivers close to danger mark in UP
Lucknow: Many parts of Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday received rain or thundershowers over the past 24 hours even as some rivers remained close to the danger mark at some places.
Areas which received rainfall are Baheri, Haidergarh, Shahganj, Barabanki, Phoolpur, Ghosi, Bansdeeh, Maharajganj, Sambhal, Iglas and Rampur each.
Central Water Commission sources said that Ganga was flowing very near the danger mark at Ballia and was rising while Ramganga at Dabri (Shahjahanpur) was flowing close to the red mark.
Sharda at Palia Kalan was still flowing above the red mark though it was receding while Ghaghra was flowing close to the red mark at Elgin Bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!