Rivers close to danger mark in UP
Lucknow: Many parts of Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday received rain or thundershowers over the past 24 hours even as some rivers remained close to the danger mark at some places.
Areas which received rainfall are Baheri, Haidergarh, Shahganj, Barabanki, Phoolpur, Ghosi, Bansdeeh, Maharajganj, Sambhal, Iglas and Rampur each.
Central Water Commission sources said that Ganga was flowing very near the danger mark at Ballia and was rising while Ramganga at Dabri (Shahjahanpur) was flowing close to the red mark.
Sharda at Palia Kalan was still flowing above the red mark though it was receding while Ghaghra was flowing close to the red mark at Elgin Bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi