Rivers close to danger mark in UP
Lucknow: Many parts of Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday received rain or thundershowers over the past 24 hours even as some rivers remained close to the danger mark at some places.
Areas which received rainfall are Baheri, Haidergarh, Shahganj, Barabanki, Phoolpur, Ghosi, Bansdeeh, Maharajganj, Sambhal, Iglas and Rampur each.
Central Water Commission sources said that Ganga was flowing very near the danger mark at Ballia and was rising while Ramganga at Dabri (Shahjahanpur) was flowing close to the red mark.
Sharda at Palia Kalan was still flowing above the red mark though it was receding while Ghaghra was flowing close to the red mark at Elgin Bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand