Rivers close to danger mark in UP
Lucknow: Many parts of Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday received rain or thundershowers over the past 24 hours even as some rivers remained close to the danger mark at some places.
Areas which received rainfall are Baheri, Haidergarh, Shahganj, Barabanki, Phoolpur, Ghosi, Bansdeeh, Maharajganj, Sambhal, Iglas and Rampur each.
Central Water Commission sources said that Ganga was flowing very near the danger mark at Ballia and was rising while Ramganga at Dabri (Shahjahanpur) was flowing close to the red mark.
Sharda at Palia Kalan was still flowing above the red mark though it was receding while Ghaghra was flowing close to the red mark at Elgin Bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016, KKR vs SRH: Colin Munro's run-out was the turning point of the match, says Gautam Gambhir
- D-St gives thumbs up to 2 years of Modi govt: Sensex tops 26,600-mark; Nifty above 8,100-level
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, Class X Results 2016 (cbse.nic.in) to be declared on May 30 not today on May 27 or May 28
- Whoa! Kareena Kapoor Khan gets bigger role in Sonam Kapoor's 'Veera Di Shaadi'?
- Faux pas: Ghaziabad cops verify Rahul Gandhi as a driver residing in Indirapuram