Rivers close to danger mark in UP
Lucknow: Many parts of Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday received rain or thundershowers over the past 24 hours even as some rivers remained close to the danger mark at some places.
Areas which received rainfall are Baheri, Haidergarh, Shahganj, Barabanki, Phoolpur, Ghosi, Bansdeeh, Maharajganj, Sambhal, Iglas and Rampur each.
Central Water Commission sources said that Ganga was flowing very near the danger mark at Ballia and was rising while Ramganga at Dabri (Shahjahanpur) was flowing close to the red mark.
Sharda at Palia Kalan was still flowing above the red mark though it was receding while Ghaghra was flowing close to the red mark at Elgin Bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice