Rivers continue to swell in UP due to rainfall
Lucknow: Major rivers continued to swell in Uttar Pradesh as intermittent rains lashed several parts of the state on Monday.
The level of Ganga is rising in Fatehgarh, Dalmau (Raebareli), Varanasi, Ghazipur and Ballia, while Yamuna is rising in Banda, Gomti in Auraiya and Ramganga in Bareilly, officials said.
The water level in Ghagra river is increasing in Ballia while Rapti is rising in Balrampur and Siddharth Nagar.
Jalalabad received 8 cm rainfall, followed by Bareilly and Unnao at 7 cm each.
Elsewhere, Hardoi, Lakhimpur Kheri, Pilibhit, Faizabad and Fursatganj received 6 cm showers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS