Rivers continue to swell in UP due to rainfall
Lucknow: Major rivers continued to swell in Uttar Pradesh as intermittent rains lashed several parts of the state on Monday.
The level of Ganga is rising in Fatehgarh, Dalmau (Raebareli), Varanasi, Ghazipur and Ballia, while Yamuna is rising in Banda, Gomti in Auraiya and Ramganga in Bareilly, officials said.
The water level in Ghagra river is increasing in Ballia while Rapti is rising in Balrampur and Siddharth Nagar.
Jalalabad received 8 cm rainfall, followed by Bareilly and Unnao at 7 cm each.
Elsewhere, Hardoi, Lakhimpur Kheri, Pilibhit, Faizabad and Fursatganj received 6 cm showers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what