Rivers continue to swell in UP due to rainfall
Lucknow: Major rivers continued to swell in Uttar Pradesh as intermittent rains lashed several parts of the state on Monday.
The level of Ganga is rising in Fatehgarh, Dalmau (Raebareli), Varanasi, Ghazipur and Ballia, while Yamuna is rising in Banda, Gomti in Auraiya and Ramganga in Bareilly, officials said.
The water level in Ghagra river is increasing in Ballia while Rapti is rising in Balrampur and Siddharth Nagar.
Jalalabad received 8 cm rainfall, followed by Bareilly and Unnao at 7 cm each.
Elsewhere, Hardoi, Lakhimpur Kheri, Pilibhit, Faizabad and Fursatganj received 6 cm showers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Assembly elections: AAP to release 'Dalit Manifestos' in Punjab, Gujarat, Goa
- Kolkata teenager's death: Police look for answers
- SP government not following Lohia, women unsafe in UP: Nitish
- Over 3,000 migrants dead in Mediterranean so far in 2016
- North Korea says any further nuclear test depends on US