Rivers continue to swell in UP due to rainfall
Lucknow: Major rivers continued to swell in Uttar Pradesh as intermittent rains lashed several parts of the state on Monday.
The level of Ganga is rising in Fatehgarh, Dalmau (Raebareli), Varanasi, Ghazipur and Ballia, while Yamuna is rising in Banda, Gomti in Auraiya and Ramganga in Bareilly, officials said.
The water level in Ghagra river is increasing in Ballia while Rapti is rising in Balrampur and Siddharth Nagar.
Jalalabad received 8 cm rainfall, followed by Bareilly and Unnao at 7 cm each.
Elsewhere, Hardoi, Lakhimpur Kheri, Pilibhit, Faizabad and Fursatganj received 6 cm showers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Coal imports in July dip 11% to 18 MT
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again