Rivers flowing near danger mark in UP
Lucknow: Rivers Yamuna, Sharda and Ghaghra are
on Thursday flowing near danger mark at some places in the state,
official sources said here.
According to the central water commission report, river
Sharda was flowing just 15 cm below the danger mark at
Paliakala and was rising while Ghaghra was near danger mark at
Ayodhya and (Turtipar) Ballia.
Level of Yamuna was rising in Mathura and it was flowing
near the danger mark here, it said.
In the past 24 hours Gorakhpur recorded 13 cm rainfall
while Siddharth Nagar 6 cm while Basti and Etawah had 5 cm
According to MET department forecast, in the next 24
hours, both the eastern and western regions are likely to
receive some rainfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery