Rivers in UP continue to flow above the danger mark
Lucknow: Sharda and Ghaghra river in Uttar Pradesh continued to flow above the danger mark at few places as light to moderate rains and thundershowers occurred at isolated places in the state.
The Central Water Commission here said Sharda was flowing above the red mark at Palia Kalan and Shardanagar, though it has registered a receding trend.
Ghaghra was flowing above the danger mark at Elgin Bridge and Ayodhya and was rising, they said.
Ramganga was flowing near the red mark at Moradabad and Dabri in Shahjahanpur and Ganga at Fatehgarh, they said.
The MeT office said the chief amount of rainfall recorded in cms in the past 24 hours were 2 each in Moradabad, Lalitpur, Maharoni, Mauranipur and Salon and 1 each in Ballia, Banda, Sahaganj, Patti, Dalmau, Chandpur and Garotha.
According to a forecast by the MeT, rain or thundershowers will occur at isolated places over the state in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days