Rivers in UP continue to flow above the danger mark
Lucknow: Sharda and Ghaghra river in Uttar Pradesh continued to flow above the danger mark at few places as light to moderate rains and thundershowers occurred at isolated places in the state.
The Central Water Commission here said Sharda was flowing above the red mark at Palia Kalan and Shardanagar, though it has registered a receding trend.
Ghaghra was flowing above the danger mark at Elgin Bridge and Ayodhya and was rising, they said.
Ramganga was flowing near the red mark at Moradabad and Dabri in Shahjahanpur and Ganga at Fatehgarh, they said.
The MeT office said the chief amount of rainfall recorded in cms in the past 24 hours were 2 each in Moradabad, Lalitpur, Maharoni, Mauranipur and Salon and 1 each in Ballia, Banda, Sahaganj, Patti, Dalmau, Chandpur and Garotha.
According to a forecast by the MeT, rain or thundershowers will occur at isolated places over the state in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31