Rivers in UP continue to flow above the danger mark
Lucknow: Sharda and Ghaghra river in Uttar Pradesh continued to flow above the danger mark at few places as light to moderate rains and thundershowers occurred at isolated places in the state.
The Central Water Commission here said Sharda was flowing above the red mark at Palia Kalan and Shardanagar, though it has registered a receding trend.
Ghaghra was flowing above the danger mark at Elgin Bridge and Ayodhya and was rising, they said.
Ramganga was flowing near the red mark at Moradabad and Dabri in Shahjahanpur and Ganga at Fatehgarh, they said.
The MeT office said the chief amount of rainfall recorded in cms in the past 24 hours were 2 each in Moradabad, Lalitpur, Maharoni, Mauranipur and Salon and 1 each in Ballia, Banda, Sahaganj, Patti, Dalmau, Chandpur and Garotha.
According to a forecast by the MeT, rain or thundershowers will occur at isolated places over the state in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt